Our IT Law department was created to offer clients highly specialized and comprehensive advice on services linked to Computer law, intellectual property and data protection. In addition to this, our team of lawyers provides Spanish and foreign clients with comprehensive advice on all matters related to cloud computing, social media and outsourcing.
Our team has in-depth knowledge of the daily industry-specific challenges related to data protection, development and the transfer of technology. We provide legal advice, both with regards to compliance of formal obligations and legal requirements from a corporate and contractual point of view, bringing added value to our clients.
The cooperation with other departments and our lawyers´ experience in these matters place our firm in a unique position for providing a seamless cross-border service. In particular, our IT Law Department has extensive experience, in the following matters, among others:
- Projects related to data protection adapted to the needs of each company and mainly based on the preparation of Security Documents, preparing contracts for the outsourcing of data processing of different kinds, registration of files in the General Register of Data Protection, impact assessments, audits, setting procedures and guidelines for data assignments or international transfers as well as others.
- Contracts related to software including: software licenses, escrow or source code registration and data migrations.
- IT contracts.
- Conflicts related to domain names.
- Implications of cloud computing.
- Transfer of technology and know-how.
- Confidentiality agreements and NDA.
- Compliance with legal requirements on e-commerce.
- Advice on copyright and different contracts related to intellectual property.
- Management of image rights.