Diego Crespo Lasso de la Vega is a Partner in the firm and he is one of the two heads of the Competition law department.
Areas of expertise:
- Control of economic concentration operations before the National Markets and Competition Commission (CNMC) and /or the European Commission.
- Disciplinary proceedings by restrictive horizontal and/or vertical agreements.
- Clemency and inspection assistance in terms of home inspections.
- Abuse of dominant position or unfair conduct records.
- Agreements of procurement, outsourcing, tolling, exclusive distribution, selective distribution, franchise, among others.
- Execution of compliance programs.
- Claims for damages following violation of Competition law.
Chambers & Partners (Band 3), Legal 500 or Best lawyers® rank him, year after year, amongst the top lawyers in the field of Competition and Antitrust law in Spain. Moreover, Chambers & Partners ranks the Competition practice in Band 5 and The Legal 500 ranks the department in Tier 4. Sources interviewed by The Legal 500 claim: “Diego Crespo is a star. He is a calm and considered person, well-conected and likeable. I find his advice to be well grounded and forward thinking. An excellent lawyer at the top of his game” (2022); regarding the service of the department, sources highlight its: “Excellent technical quality and a lot of flexibility and personalised attention. The service is accessible, the results of quality” (2022), and they also state: “I have been very impressed by the Marimón team. They are reactive and practical. They are navigating a very complex case for us and they have my confidence” (2022).
He holds degrees in Law and Economic and Business Sciences from the University Pontificia de Comillas-ICADE. Lecturer at the IP/IT Master from the University Rey Juan Carlos.