Gonzalo González is a Partner and Head of the Tax department at the Barcelona office.
Areas of expertise:
- Claims to the Authorities in the field of Tax Management and tax advice to family businesses, companies and groups of companies from various sectors.
- Reports on the tax implications of different nature.
- Participation in tax inspection proceedings.
- Participation in tax collection proceedings, negotiation of extensions of time and tax fractionation.
- Writing queries to the Directorate General on taxation.
- Claims to the Tax Administration and the Central Economic Administrative Tribunal.
- Tax advice on recurring tax issues and, in particular, on the remuneration of shareholders and directors.
- Tax planning in corporate restructuring to optimize direct and indirect taxation.
Best lawyers® recognizes him as one of the best lawyers in the field of Tax law in Spain. Moreover, Chambers & Partners ranks the Tax department in Band 6 in the field of Tax law and one client interviewed by the Directory appreciates that: “Marimón Partners are always involved in the day-to-day business“. The Legal 500 ranks the department in Tier 6 and sources state that the team is noted for its “unbeatable risk analysis” to prevent litigation, though disputes are also a strength when they do arise; Department clients highlight: “Availability and access to Partners. Depth of knowledge of the industry” (2022).