Nerea Azcune is a lawyer in the firm´s department of Corporate law. She specializes in Banking and Finance.
Areas of expertise:
Although she has extensive wide experience in providing advice to national and international companies in the field Commercial law in general, she mainly focuses her practice on Banking and Finance law. Her areas of expertise are:
- General Commercial advice: M&A and sale of assets, sale & leaseback, due diligence.
- Advice in relation to minutes and resolutions of the managing bodies of several companies.
- Advice on any commercial issue relating to renewable energy projects (drafting and negotiation of EPC, O&M, leases; sale of licenses and projects).
- General advice to banking entities.
- Financing of acquisitions.
- Corporate finance.
- Project finance.
- Real securities.
- Refinancing processes.
Chambers & Partners considers her among the Leading lawyers in the field of Banking and Finance. According to the Directory (Europe Guide, 2017) there is a strong praise from clients for her: “Commercial skills and her emphatetic style in negotiations”. Best Lawyers® ranks her as one of the top lawyers in Spain in the field of Commercial, Corporate law and M&A.
She holds a degree in Law (specializing in Law and Economics) from the University of Deusto and she graduated in Business Administration from the School of the Chamber of Commerce of Bilbao. Additionally, she has also completed a Masters in Company Law at the University of Comillas-ICADE.